Increasingly more people have been fascinated by coconut and their products. While other individuals roll their eyes over this crop and its byproducts, it cannot be denied that it truly has great benefits.
Coconut oil, coconut sugar, coconut water, coconut milk, coconut butter, coconut flour, coconut saps, and coconut chips are scientifically proven to be healthy. Eating or using it externally on a daily basis with the right amount makes you healthier. Below, you will learn about a coconut sweet recipe, it is the Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Try out this Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips Recipe for the best combination of the sweet and salty flavor. They also have the perfectly healthy fat combination. The best part about creating this recipe is that it can be done quick and easy. But before getting into this creatively delicious recipe, let us tell you about coconuts health benefits.
The Goodness Coconut Can Do For You
Coconut contains a lot of healthy qualities. Here are some of the few health facts regarding coconut.
- Coconut is also referred to as “The Tree of Life”. It is the most essential crop made from the nut in the whole wide world. This may be caused by its flexible usefulness down from its roots and up to its leaves.
- It is healthy due to its high saturated fat content. This type of fat does not turn rancid at high heat, therefore ideal for an alternative for cooking oil.
- Coconut has high levels of Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) or Medium-Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs) that has many health benefits. Among these health benefits include:
- MCTs get burned to turn into energy.
- They go directly to the liver to convert into energy, instead of circulating in the bloodstream.
- Consuming coconut oil can promote weight loss since they can’t be stored as fat.
- Eat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning results in an increase in energy.
- It is very nutritious, delicious, and rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients.
The Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips Ingredients
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 cups shredded coconut meat
- ½ tsp. salt for added taste
The Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips Instructions
- Turn oven to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit for pre-heating.
- Get a jelly roll pan and use it to melt the coconut oil.
- Now, combine the shredded coconut meat and salt in the coconut oil.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Make sure to stir every 3 minutes to balance the cooking until mixture turns to golden brown. Also, be cautious because it turns brown very fast.
- Put the baked chips onto a paper towel and let it absorb the oil. Enjoy your Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips! Eat them raw or top them to cookies!
There are many coconut sweet recipes to enjoy with your friends and family members. Apart from this Sweet-and-Salty Coconut Chips, you can also create coconut sweet bread, coconut-roasted sweet potato, coconut lattes, coconut candy, and more. This sweet treat will be most enjoyed by little ones in the family.